"Working with the research staff at LEC is helping us to develop our carbon footprinting products and services much faster than than we could have done on our own. Through LEC’s introductions we are in advanced discussions with several new customers including Waitrose. It is clear that Small World Consulting is growing faster because we are based at LEC"
Mike Berners-Lee, Managing Director, Small World Consulting Limited
Locating in The Lancaster Environment Centre
On 22nd May 2007 we opened our new prestigious office accommodation dedicated to environmental sector companies wishing to lease office space along side our technical resources or wanting to engage in environmental research partnerships with Lancaster University. The new centre also offers business incubation services and is a member of UKBI (UK Business Incubation).
Why rent an office at Lancaster Environment Centre?
Renting offices alongside us enables faster business growth by providing easier access to our research, knowledge, state of the art laboratories, clean rooms, workshops and specialist instruments. In particular we are interested in a wide range of research partnerships from across the environmental sector.
Companies can access these resources for research, new product development, managing environmental impacts, developing environmental CSR programmes and responding to legislative or consumer pressures.
There are strong commercial reasons why you might want to lease our modern office space. With capacity for nearly 30 environmental companies to be trading from the same building there is considerable scope for clustering in environmental research or commercial partnerships. Smaller companies can also benefit from the access to larger companies that we work with.
In summary the offices provide an ideal alternative to business parks, industrial estates and science parks. In particular they provide:
- Access to extensive technical and knowledge resources for the environmental sector. Once based in our office space you are allocated a Customer Relationship Manager to help you access our resources as well as those from across Lancaster University such as the Management School and Infolab 21.
- We may be able to access finance to reduce the cost of your research.
- You may find your business increase due to new commercial opportunities arising from the clustering of Environmental Sector businesses in the same site.
- When you have been accommodated in our office space for more than 6 months and are engaged as research partners with us you may be considered for “Associate Company of Lancaster Environment Centre, Lancaster University” status. If granted, this would allow you to demonstrate your connection with us by using a Lancaster University logo. For small companies this may increase your credibility.
- Lancaster University’s press office may be able to assist on mutually beneficial PR and marketing activities.
- Inclusion on Lancaster Environment Centre’s website provides your business with further marketing opportunities.
- SME companies leasing offices are granted ERDF Objective Two status – enabling you to access to a wider range of funded business support activities from across the NW Region.
- Access to high quality new graduates – making your recruitment cheaper and more effective.
- The offices are furnished to a very high specification.
Where are the offices?
The Lancaster Environment Centre is in an excellent location at the heart of Lancaster University with all the facilities a business needs – banks, restaurants, travel agent, childcare facilities, healthcare, conference and sports facilities are all nearby.
For relaxation or a great living environment the Lake District National Park is only 30 minutes away by car.
The offices are well served by public transport. Buses run frequently to Blackpool, Preston, Lancaster and Lancaster Train Station. Lancaster is on the West Coast Mainline rail service with frequent train services to Preston, Manchester, Manchester Airport, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh and London Euston.
Blackpool Airport and Manchester Airport are about 45 minutes and 60 minutes away by car.
For those travelling by car we are on the motorway network – M6 Junction 33 is only 5 minutes away.
- The offices are new (officially opened on 22nd May 2007) and are to the following specification:
- All offices are fully furnished.
- Office sizes range from 20 to 50m2.
- A shared office facility is available from £200 per month.
- All offices have broadband internet and VOIP telephone lines at no extra cost.
- An allocation of free meeting room time from a selection of five meeting rooms, capable of seating six to eighty people, three of which are equipped with audio visual equipment.
- Easy in / out leases generally for 12 months with a one month get-out clause.
- Training facilities available.
- All resident companies are allocated a Relationship Manager to help them maximise opportunities to use the centre’s extensive technical resources and engage in research projects.
Click an image below for a larger version:
If you would like further information on these offices view our Frequently Asked Questions or if you have any queries please feel free to contact us:
Business Partnerships Manager
Tel: 01524 510 229