LEC Taught Masters Courses
What makes studying for a postgraduate degree in LEC one of the best experiences in the UK?
The Lancaster Environment Centre offers postgraduate education, training and research opportunities over a very wide range of disciplines. Taught Masters are looked after by specific Director of Studies who are undertaking research and are skilled in that area. Taught Masters can be studied over one-year full-time or two-years part-time. They combine taught modules with a substantial research project. A range of assessed modules are offered and are supported by generic skills training which will aid your general development. Our taught courses help students develop transferable skills appropriate to careers in research, consultancy or industry.
Postgraduate students are taught by and work with world-class scientists in a wide range of environmentally related disciplines, thereby enhancing your future employment prospects in the environment sector and beyond. Joining LEC will expand your understanding of the key areas of the environment and will provide you with the relevant skills required for a successful career.
We regard practical study as a key means of learning about the environment and are fortunate to have a variety of areas of outstanding natural beauty and scientific interest on our doorstep. Depending on your area of study you may have the opportunity for field work in the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, Morecambe Bay or the Forest of Bowland or further afield, for example on Mount Etna in Sicily or in West Africa.
LEC Taught Masters
Taught Masters combine taught modules with a substantial research project.
- MSc Contamination, Risk Assessment and Remediation
- MSc Ecology and Conservation
- MSc Energy and the Environment
- MSc Environmental and Biochemical Toxicology
- MA/MSc Environment and Development
- MA/MSc Environment, Culture and Society
- MA Environmental Management and Consultancy
- MSc Environmental Science and Technology
- MSc (Research) International Master's in Environmental Science and Technology
- MSc Resource and Environmental Management
- MSc Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security
- MSc (Research) International Master's in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security
- MSc Sustainable Water Management
- MSc Volcanology and Geological Hazards